Friday, April 23, 2021

Book Friday: Bittersweet Reality

 Poems and short stories

Choosing to ignore the reality of my publications' lack of success, I assembled another collection for public entertainment.  Gorged on the sincere praises of my editor and several fans, I have once again allowed my ego to lead me by the carrot of fame it dangles before my eyes.  How can you refuse to follow the advice to publish given by someone who even takes the time to come up with the perfect title?
Bittersweet Reality has become a reality thanks to the efforts of my editor, Cindy Calloway who encouraged me to share these works and named them.  The artistic and technical abilities of Erika M. Szabo of Golden Box Books Publishing, are evident when you see this gorgeous cover, the beautiful interior of the book in all its forms and when you watch  the video below which she created. 

This collection has stories as well as poems offering my view of the world before me without my rose-colored glasses.


Cindy J. Smith
Cindy has written poetry, and with every experience in life, she has found inspiration. Wife, Mother, and Grandmother, she has a myriad of beautiful memories to draw from. Never having been good at playing the part of "starving artist", she has had many careers, but her current one, an over-the-road truck driver with her husband, Dave, has provided amazing opportunities for inspiration in her later years.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful poems and great short stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and your efforts to make this book beautiful.

      Delete
  2. So much power in that carrot dangling in front of us. So close to never catch it, but so near to keep us moving to get it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks cool, we'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Erika did a great job designing the cover to tempt readers to peek inside.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Online Magazines